Sometimes there is a coin that you want to buy right away. You don’t want to wait for your Bitcoin purchase to show up in Coinbase. That is when you want to do an instant purchase. Keep in mind the fees for an instant buy are higher, but you can get the coin today.
Log into Coinbase, either from your computer or on the Coinbase App. I can not take a screenshot of the Coinbase app as its not allowed. I will include instructions for how to do that as well, though without pictures.
On the computer Click the Buy/Sell tab.
On the computer make sure Buy is selected at the top. Under Payment Method select your Credit/Debit card. If you have not added one do that now. Under Payment Method select Add New Account.
In the USD section input the amount you want to spend. I put $20.00. On the right of the screen under Available it will say Instantly.
When you have verified it is all correct, click, Buy Bitcoin Instantly at the bottom of the screen.
On your phone click on the Bitcoin window. It will show the Bitcoin price and a chart.
- Click the Buy button at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the amount you want to spend in the USD section.
- In the Debit from section make sure to select a Credit/Debit card.
- Click Next in the top right corner of your screen.
- In the Available section it will say Instantly.
- Click Confirm buy at the bottom of your screen.
This process will allow you to have Bitcoin available right away. You can then move it to gdax and then transfer it to an exchange and buy your coin.
If you do not know how to do that, there are walkthroughs on the site to show you how.